Poisons bait can be used along with trapping to increase capture and kill. There are some very good poisons available: Warfarin, Pival, Fumarin, Chlorophacinone, Bromadiolone and Cholecalciferol.
- Mice tend to nibble, so expect a longer period of time to get control of them with poison. Also, poison we use cause rodents to die in open air as the poison used suffocate the rodents and do not die in inaccessible areas.
Some useful measures to prevent rat breeding :
- Keep all drains covered and secure.
- Get rid of old boxes, discarded material.
- Get rid of any standing water in yard.
- Fix any defective pipes or drains.